Com tecnologia do Blogger.
RSS

Breakfast @ photographer's Michael Paul

I mentioned earlier this week that a magazine from New-Zealand NZ Life & Leisure wanted to run a story on our house in France so tomorrow Steve and I are having breakfast with Michael Paul (see gorgeous shots of a house in Notting Hill Michael shot) and his wife Kumiko to meet up before they come and stay in our house at the end of August. I'm super excited!!!!
Michael is from New-Zealander like Steve and Kumiko is from Japan and she is a stylist...I don't know about you but when I think of Japanese creative people, all I can think of are these 'to die-for' Japanese books by Paumes. They are my bibles, I have heaps of them and I don't even speak a word of Japanese but that's not what they are about. They are pure beauty, bibles, treasures of inspiration and creativity....anyway....so I'm pretty sure that our breakfast with this creative couple (Michael takes beautiful photos!) is going to be really good.



For a small company like us, it's always a fantastic opportunity to be asked to feature in gorgeous, interiors and lifestyle magazine and so far (touch wood), we've been incredibly lucky. It is a lot of work...you wouldn't believe how much I clean the house before and re-arrange things, finish DIY jobs I have been putting off for ages....but it's fun...Mila and Lily are a bit blase now but Elodie and I love it because it gives us the chance to work with some very talented photographers.
The first time we had Alun Callender and poor him....he had just came back from shooting Normann Cook (aka Fatboy Slim) and Zoe Ball's luxury yatch and he must have wondered why on earth You magazine was sending him to France a whole weekend to shoot our house!
The second photoshoot was really great & fun...The whole family was there and we had our friends Alexia, Nicolas with their son Sacha but also Chris Tubbs, the photographer sent by Grand Designs magazine was fantastic...such a cool, laid-back guy....a very nice person.
Chris spent the night at our house so we had diner and breakfast together and we had plenty of time for us to talk about photography and stylism and he gave us some great tips.

As my mantra is if you dont ask you don't get, I asked Michael if he was giving photography classes...I would love to do a photography course but being taught by someone who does great interiors & lifestyle shots. He doesn't but he is going to teach me a few techie things about the light and we will try some shots together in France...how cool!
Anyway I didn't want to bore you, I'm just really excited by the whole thing and I wanted to share it...On his happy note, I wish you all a very good weekend!





Desain Rumah real estate design collection
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Enviar um comentário