Com tecnologia do Blogger.
RSS

Simple table setting for a wonderful Sunday roast

I love the term 'grown-up' don't you? My little girl Mila often uses it to talk about our friends and us and when she says it, it sounds super cool, like we can do everything we want, like we are on an amazing adventure where we can stay up late, be on the computer for hours, eat chocolate whenever we want, get money from the cashpoint....just like that!

So since I've became a grown-up, I have became an advocate of the 'less is more' concept at home. It's not always easy but then when I think about my mum who has two garages full of stuff she has been gathering from her numerous trips to the local flea markets and junk shops, I kind of find the motivation. She is at the point in her life where she now wants a airy, spacious home but sorting out her stuff is killing her, let alone knowing where to start.
So no.... it's not easy to get rid of the things we like but at the same time, sometimes it is a bit necessary.
French author Gustave Flaubert once wrote: "Be regular and orderly in your life, so that you may be original and violent in your work"
Although my home is far from being uncluttered (difficult to achieve the minimalist look with a 5 years old who has decided that a beautiful room is just not enough for her to spread her toys!), I find simplicity a very relaxing thing and somehow allows you to connect with the things that matter to you.

I think this simple table setting just get it right....an old wooden table, white china, vintage silver cutlery, linen table runner, some simple ceramic tea-lights, beautiful flowers and all you need is great food and great company....




We have friends coming over for a Sunday roast...so will give it to a go to achieve this beautiful table setting shot by Karen Mordechai



Desain Rumah real estate design collection
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Enviar um comentário