Com tecnologia do Blogger.
RSS

A corner of my bedroom: Designers' Block

This morning, I'm very happy to show you Di's bedroom from Northumberland. Di was the founder of this fabulous website and I remember saying to Steve back in 2005: How does she do it? Her site is amazing and she is everywhere! Funnily enough, a year later, she emailed me as she was planning a career change and one thing leading to another, Steve and I ended up acquiring WhereDidYouBuyThat.com while Di went on to launch successfully her own furniture range with Ghost Furniture. She has also a great blog: Designers' Block where you will find a lot of quirky stuff. At first glance, Di looks like Patsy from Absolutely Fabulous but she is really good fun, very knowledgeable about design, has a refreshing non-sense approach and I love her to bits.

★★★★
Ce matin, je suis tres contente de vous montrer la chambre de Di en Northumberland (au nord de l'Angleterre). Di was la fondatrice de ce site genial et je me souviens qu'en 2005 je disais a Steve: Comment fait-elle? Son site est d'enfer et elle est partout! Et c'est marrant, parce qu'un an plus tard, elle m'a contacte parce qu'elle preparait un changement de carriere et de fil en aiguille, Steve et moi nous nous sommes retrouves a acheter WhereDidYouBuyThat
tandis que Di lancait son nouveau project Ghost Furniture avec succes. Di a aussi un blog: Designers Blog sur lequel vous trouverez de nombreux designs qui sortent vraiment de l'ordinaire. Au premier abord, elle ressemble a Patsy, le character que joue Joanna Lumley dans la serie britannique et hilarante: Absolutely Fabulous
(Ab FAB pour les intimes) mais elle est tres drole, s'y connait en design et elle dit les choses comme elles les pensent et je l'aime beaucoup.





★★From Di★★
"The Teddy & Mask: This was passed down to me when I was born so I only know it is older than 59. His name is Little Ted, not very imaginative but very descriptive. The mask was sent to me by Gentry de Paris as a gift for featuring it on my blog, again very descriptive.
The Bed - Our bed is huge and has 2 separate mattresses so we can't feel each other moving around. I like it's plainness, I hate over fussy beds they take too long to get into.

The Ghost Cupboard - The place I keep all my little fabric finds for Ghost Furniture. The baskets on top are from left to right - a vintage find, Cabbages and Roses and Lulu Guinness. They hold passementerie finds from Paris. I love rummaging through these things, so inspirational.

Reading in Bed - The only chance I get to read is when I go to bed so I need everything at hand. The little shelves were given to me by my friend Tara in Paris, they are from Agape. I have the book I am reading on the top shelf and the other shelves hold the ones I am about to read. How organized is that? My best friend bought me the lamp when we were on a trip to The South of France from a gorgeous little shop in Saint-Tropez.

Hermes Boxes and French Daybed - Happily the Hermes boxes do contain Hermes Scarves, works of art to wear. The French daybed was given to me by my friend Tara in Paris and all my little grandchildren have slept in it and up to now none have woken up in the middle of the night. Magical!


Next week: come and see Imke's bedroom (A View To) from Paris

Previously on A Corner of my bedroom:
Mine in London, It's Oh from Switzerland, Vosges Paris from Amsterdam, Sfgirlbybay from San-Francisco, HomeShoppingSpy from London, Kavka Design from Poland



Desain Rumah real estate design collection
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Enviar um comentário